This is the key branch of Collectorate which deals with the matters related to Land in the district. The major functions of this branch are as under :
- To Give Non Agriculture Permissions under sections 65, 65(A), 65(B), 66 and 67 of the Bombay Land Revenue Code, 1879.
- Fixation of Land Price in the District Land Valuation Committee.
- To Give Non Agriculture Permission.
- Granting of Land to eligible Institutes/ Individuals.
- To Grant Land for Charitable and Social Purposes to the Educational/ Social Institutes, School, Hostel etc.
- Conversion of Land Tenure (New Tenure to Old Tenure) for urban area.
- Granting of Land to lease for fruits & trees.
- Granting Land for Guachar.
- Encroachment of Government land. & Guachar.
- Convert Government land & Guachar into Gamtal.
- To Grant land on lease to Handicapped person for STD/PCO Booth.
- To Grant land for Residential purpose to Government Servant/Handicapped & Ex-serviceman.
- Transferring of land to Other Department for different purposes.
- Granting Revenue free land in Public Interest for eg.P.H.C.
- S.I.T (Special Investigation Team) related to Land Matters